Faith Regional's oncology nurse and patient navigators can help you navigate all aspects of your cancer journey. As you and your family interact with many doctors and healthcare settings, your oncology nurse or patient navigator will remain a constant point of contact. She will help guide, educate and advocate for you through your diagnosis, treatment and survivorship. The goal of our oncology nurse or patient navigator is to ease the burden on cancer patients.
Your oncology patient navigator will:
- Provide you with information necessary to help you make informed decisions about your care.
- Discuss any warning signs or symptoms that may arise during your course of treatment and recovery.
- Communicate with your providers about your treatment plan and any follow-up.
- Coordinate your appointments, tests and referrals for other services you may need.
- Identify potential barriers to your care and provide you resources to ensure you receive the best possible care in a timely matter.
- Assist in accessing community resources.
- Provide emotional support and understanding throughout your cancer journey.
Meet Our Oncology Nurse and Patient Navigators
Maria O'Hare, RRT, CPFT
Oncology Patient Navigator
Melissa Schultz, RN, BSN, CBCN
Oncology Nurse Navigator