Our Spiritual Care chaplains are available, 24-hours a day, to both patients and their families. If you would like to meet with Spiritual Care, please ask a nurse. In addition, Spiritual Care can provide or arrange for religious services and rites, including memorial services, according to patient traditions.
Daily Worship Services
- Monday, 11:00 a.m., West Campus Chapel
- Tuesday (Catholic Mass Service), 11:00 a.m., West Campus Chapel
- Thursday, 11:00 a.m., West Campus Chapel
- Friday, 11:00 a.m., West Campus Chapel
Services can be viewed on Channel 60 from any television on West Campus. Ask your nurse if you would like to watch a video tape of the service.
Comforting audio and video is available on Channel 60 in the Bed Tower on West Campus.
- Annual Memorial Service: Every year a Memorial Service is conducted to remember and honor those who died in our care the previous calendar year (excluding pre-natal babies. See information below regarding our special burial services for pre-natal babies). Family of those who died are invited. Each year a different local pastor provides a message of comfort and hope at one of the local churches. Included in the service is a reading of all the names of those who died in our hospital and hospice care. The service is conducted by employees of Faith Regional Health Services. For more information about this service, please call Spiritual Care at (402) 644-7559. As we prepare for the COVID-19 pandemic and in consideration of what the CDC anticipates and our leaders in government are counselling, this year’s Annual Memorial Service, scheduled for April 26, has been rescheduled for September 20. This year’s Memorial Service will be held at Immaculata Monastery.
- Burial Services for Pre-natal Babies: If your baby was less than 20 weeks gestation, you can decide if you would want him or her to be buried in Prospect Hill cemetery by Faith Regional Health Services. Should you decide to entrust your little one to our care we invite you to join us for our annual memorial service. Twice a year (late Spring and late Fall), a hospital chaplain conducts a committal service for those babies. If you would want to be present for that service, please call Spiritual Care at (402) 644-7559.
- Baby Loss Memorial Butterfly Release: Every year a Memorial Butterfly Release is held to remember those babies who have died throughout the year. The event is held early in the summer in the Bradford Family Spiritual Garden. For more information, contact the manager of Spiritual Care at Faith Regional, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (402) 644-7559.