Occupational Health by definition is a specialty that works to prevent injuries and illnesses at the workplace before they happen. Our services are designed to target specific areas in the workplace to have maximum impact to protect your workforce. Services include:
Pre-Placement Testing: Our Pre-Placement Post-Offer tests (PPPO) are created by our specially-trained therapists based upon specific information gathered during a Job Demand Analysis (JDA). Newly hired employees undergo the PPPO test to determine if they are physically qualified to perform the essential job functions of the position they have been hired to do. Matching an employee to the work they will be performing is facilitated through PPPO testing.
Annual Physical Exams: As an employer, requiring pre-placement and periodic physical examinations allows you to assess the capabilities of your employees and/or applicants to perform the essential functions of their job safely, with minimal risk to themselves or to other employees. Government agencies such as the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) have all developed regulations outlining the necessity for periodic physical examinations. The Americans with Disabilities Act further defines how employers must document and assess employee applicants based on the essential functions of a job. In addition to government regulation compliance, employee physicals help to document pre-existing health conditions in your employees and identify health problems that may affect their work performance. As experts in these regulations and the medical requirements, we provide the following physical examination services, tailored to meet your company's specific needs:
- Pre-placement, annual and baseline physical examinations
- DOT physicals
- Return to work
- Second opinion
- Independent medical evaluation
- Causation of injury
Worksite Ergonomic Evaluations: A specially trained therapist is available to come on-site and analyze your work settings to assist in establishing proper workplace practices to enhance safety and productivity.
Job Demand Analysis: A physical or occupational therapist performs an on-site analysis of a particular job to determine the exact physical and positional demands of the job. The JDA report can be utilized by a business to write more accurate job descriptions. Its findings are also used by a therapist to develop a job-specific, pre-placement post-offer (PPPO) test or work conditioning/work hardening evaluation.
Hearing Conservation: We offer hearing screens for newly hired employees and annual screenings for current employees who are exposed to work place noise. Testing can be conducted on site or at Faith Regional Heal Services by a Board Certified Hearing Conservationist.
OSHA Compliance Consultation: We offer assistance to help you understand and meet OSHA standards and conduct training at the workplace according to your operation and requirements.
- Respirator Medical Evaluation: We conduct an evaluation that includes a questionnaire filled out by your employees to assess their medical ability to wear a respirator. Evaluations are read by an Occupational Health physician or licensed health care provider.
- Respirator Fit Testing: We offer respirator fit testing as required by OSHA for employees that use respirators for protection of known or suspected hazards in the workplace.
- Pulmonary Function Testing: Industrial pulmonary function testing (PFT) checks the vital capacity of the lungs. We offer testing for individuals that have a possible lung condition that may impair the airflow (in or out) while wearing a respirator. This may be generated by a history of exposure to known hazards, or for persons with asthma or cardiac problems.
A strong prevention program not only protects your employees but helps impact your businesses bottom line. However, if an injury does occur, count on our detailed Work Injury Management Program to help minimize the effects to both you and your employee.
For more information about Occupational Health and Wellness services, contact (402) 844-8300.