Most Wired Hospitals Use Technology to Partner with Patients on Health
We offer specialized therapy programs that address a variety of common women’s health issues using proven therapy methods and a personal approach. Our therapists trained specifically in women’s health work with you to achieve the highest level of care possible.
Pre- and Post-pregnancy Therapy
When pregnancy leads to musculoskeletal issues, physical therapy during and/or following pregnancy can help bring relief. Our physical therapy treatments can address the following common issues:
- Numbness and tingling in fingers and/or hand
- Pain in mid back, trunk and/or rib cage
- Low back and/or posterior pelvis pain
- Pubic symphysis dysfunction (pain in front of pelvis with leg movement)
- Burning pain over upper thigh
- Pelvic floor pain or weakness
- Diastasis Recti (overstretch or tearing of abdominal muscle)
Therapy for Pelvic Pain
Pelvic pain is a complex term used to describe all sorts of discomfort in and around the pelvis area. Chronic pelvic pain is generally pain felt in the pelvic area lasting longer than six months. Types of pelvic pain physical therapy can treat include:
- Pelvic floor muscle spasm
- Incisional pain
- Coccydynia: pain in tailbone
- Dyspareunia and Vaginismus: pain with intercourse
- Prirformis syndrome: pain across the buttock that may travel down the leg
Many types of incontinence can be effectively treated with physical therapy including:
- Stress Incontinence: leaking when coughing, laughing or sneezing
- Urge Incontinence: leaking when hearing water run or putting “key in the door”
- Mixed Incontinence: a combination of stress and urge incontinence
Our physical therapy treatments can address issues in individuals who have the following risk factors:
- Pelvic floor muscle weakness
- Pregnancy, vaginal delivery, episiotomy
- Smoking and chronic cough
- High-impact physical activity
Osteoporosis can occur in both genders at any age but with age and being a woman comes greater risk. Research shows that a combination of treatments including exercise can be very effective. Our physical therapy program is aimed specifcally to help with management and intervention of osteoporsis and osteopenia.
Faith Regional Rehabilitation Therapies offers comprehensive rehabilitative care including physical, occupational and speech therapy.
Faith Regional is dedicated to providing comprehensive health services to women of all ages, at every stage of life.
For more information, call (402) 644-7396.
Faith Regional was one of 823 hospitals to receive an "A" for its commitment to reducing errors, infections, and accidents that can harm patients.
Faith Regional's new MRI system improves patient comfort and diagnosis.
Presented by Amy Jorgensen, PA-C, Faith Regional Health Services Hand, Plastic, and Reconstructive Surgery.