American Heart Association Award recognized Faith Regional's commitment to quality stroke care.
Faith Regional CardioVascular Institute is part of a growing number of healthcare organizations nationwide that are focusing on women's No. 1 health problem: cardiovascular disease.
Through our Women and Heart Disease Program, the CardioVascular Institute can:
- Help educate women and physicians about early warning signs and special treatment for women with hear disease.
- Offer heart-health screenings to women.
- Give heart disease a higher profile in the community.
Heart disease is the No. 1 cause of death among women in the United States, striking more women than the next seven causes of death combined. By encourageing women to learn the early signs of heart disease and talk to their physicians, many lives can be saved. While symptoms of heart disease are similar for men and women, there are important differences. Heart disease is often though of as a man's disease and the focus is given to classic male symptoms. Women can have other symptoms as well and it is important to pay more attention to those.
Watch for these symptoms compiled by the American Heart Association:
- Squeezing chest pain or pressure, tightness in chest or recurring chest discomfort
- Shortness of breath
- Pain spreading to shoulders, neck or arms
- Indigestion or gas-like pain
- Dizziness, nausea or vomiting
- Unexplained weakness, fatigue
- Discomfort orp ain between shoulder blades
- Sense of impending doom
If you are anyone you know has experienced any of thse, call 9-1-1 or notify your physician immediately.
Faith Regional CardioVascular Institute combines experienced and accomplished providers with advanced medicine to provide comprehensive cardiovascular care.
Faith Regional is dedicated to providing comprehensive health services to women of all ages, at every stage of life.
There are no related providers.
Faith Regional has been hitting the road gifting area schools, businesses and organizations with Automated External Defibrillators.
Faith Regional Excels in Heart Failure, Stroke, Pneumonia and Sepsis Outcomes According to Healthgrades.
Funds from this August 17th event featuring grown-up game night will be used to purchase AEDs for schools and businesses across the region.
There are no associated events.