Stroke Care at Faith Regional Health Services is among the top 10 percent in the nation, according to a national study by Healthgrades,
Faith Regional’s CardioVascular Institute offers services to prevent and treat heart failure. Our goal is to work with you to help you manage your condition before it leads to more serious complications. We offer a proactive, multidisciplinary team approach to preventing and treating heart failure. Our goal is to have our heart failure patients meet with multiple health professionals who can help them live comfortably with their disease all on the same day and location. These services include:
- Patient and family education
- Medication review and instruction by a registered pharmacist
- Dietary consultation with a registered dietician
- Activity/exercise instruction
- Referrals to support services
Heart Failure, also known as congestive heart failure, is a condition in which the heart cannot pump enough blood to meet the needs of your other organs.
Signs and symptoms of heart failure include:
- Chronic Lack of Energy
- Cough with Frothy Sputum
- Confusion and/or Impaired Memory
- Difficulty Sleeping at Night due to Breathing Problems
- Increased Urination at Night
- Shortness of Breath
- Swelling of Feet and Legs
- Swollen or Tender Abdomen with Loss of Appetite
When diagnosing heart failure, your physician will review your complete medical history and perform a physical exam. In addition, other diagnostic procedures that may be used include:
- Chest X-Ray
- BNP Testing
Treatment for your heart failure will depend on a number of factors that your physician will review and discuss with you. Many times the cause of heart failure will establish treatment protocol. Your treatment may include:
- Lifestyle changes
- Biventricular pacing/cardiac resynchronization therapy
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator
- Heart transplantation
- Ventricular Assist Devices
Award recognizes the hospital's commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment.
American College of Cardiology NCDR Action Registry Platinum Award recognizes high standards of patient care.
Faith Regional Among Top 5% in the Nation for Clinical Outcomes.
There are no associated events.