Money was raised through Nucor's Annual Golf Tournament in September.
Exercise and Your Heart
If you have cardiovascular disease, you can still have a healthy and productive future. Our Cardiac Rehabilitation team assists in creating a tailored fitness plan to help you exercise safely.
We encourage you to attend our cardiac rehabilitation program to learn how regular exercise is a necessary part of a heart-healthy lifestyle. You will learn about physical conditioning, personalized education and preventive care to reduce your risk factors and improve your overall health.
Exercise is not only good for your heart but it offers other benefits for your body, mind and spirit, such as:
- Increases mental alertness.
- Reduces anxiety or depression.
- Reduces body fat and weight.
- Increases flexibility.
- Improves balance and strength.
- Improves quality of sleep.
- Increases energy level.
The Faith Regional Pulmonary Conditioning Program gradually conditions your body to help increase your endurance and strength. This enables you to enjoy daily activities. Our program strives to:
- Improve quality of life.
- Control and alleviate symptoms and pathophysiological complications of respiratory impairment.
- Decrease psychosocial symptoms such as anxiety or depression.
- Increase compliance with the medical regimen.
- Train, motivate and rehabilitate self-care through an organized team effort.
- Train, motivate and involve significant others in the treatment program.
- Return individuals to gainful employment or active retirement.
- Educate the general public and health care professionals about pulmonary health and rehabilitation.
- Increase awareness in the medical community regarding the importance of early detection of pulmonary disease through screenings.
- Increase awareness in the community about the harmful effects of smoking, secondhand smoke and available treatment for effective smoking cessation.
The Pulmonary Conditioning program is run by registered and licensed nurses, respiratory therapists and exercise specialists who are skilled in their various professions and in pulmonary conditioning and rehabilitation. In addition to our regular staff, we have consulting staff members such as dietitians, pharmacists and psychologists who work with us in presenting educational sessions.
An individualized exercise program will be written for you based on the results of your exercise test and use various exercise equipment including:
- Stationary bicycles
- Airdyne bicycles
- Arm ergometers
Education sessions will be held prior to all exercise sessions. These sessions cover topics such as:
- Patient and Family Information
- Anatomy and Disease
- Tests For Diagnosis
- Risk Factors
- Activities and Exercise
- Family Issues/Stress
There are no related providers.
For more information call (402) 644-7560.
Faith Regional has been recognized by the American Heart Association for the treatment of patients who suffer a heart attack.
Faith Regional has achieved designation as an accredited Chest Pain Center (CPC) by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care (SCPC),
No one can quite put a smile on the faces of the patients and visitors at Faith Regional Health Services like Maggie, one of the hospital’s newest volunteers.
This class features a step-by-step plan for quitting smoking and help smokers gain control over their behavior.