Faith Regional Among Top 5% in the Nation for Clinical Outcomes.
Exercise and Your Heart
If you have cardiovascular disease, you can still have a healthy and productive future. Our Cardiac Rehabilitation team assists in creating a tailored fitness plan to help you exercise safely. The primary goal of Cardiac Rehabilitation is to enable the participant to achieve his/her optimal physical, psychological, and social functioning through exercise training and lifestyle change.
We encourage you to attend our cardiac rehabilitation program to learn how regular exercise is a necessary part of a heart-healthy lifestyle. You will learn about physical conditioning, personalized education and preventive care to reduce your risk factors and improve your overall health.
Exercise is not only good for your heart but it offers other benefits for your body, mind and spirit, such as:
- Increases mental alertness.
- Reduces anxiety or depression.
- Reduces body fat and weight.
- Increases flexibility.
- Improves balance and strength.
- Improves quality of sleep.
- Increases energy level.
The Faith Regional Cardiac Rehabilitation Program is a service that includes prescribed exercise to improve cardiovascular fitness without exceeding safe limits, education about heart disease along with counseling on ways to stabilize or reverse heart disease by improving risk factors, encouraging healthy eating habits and improving psychological well-being. Risk factors to improve include:
- Reduction/Cessation of Smoking
- Lowering Cholesterol
- Controlling High Blood Pressure
- Weight Loss/Control
- Improve/Manage Diabetes
- Increasing Physical Activity
Those who benefit from Cardiac Rehabilitation include those with a history of:
- Myocardial infarction (heart attack)
- Coronary artery bypass graft surgery (CABG)
- Current stable angina pectoris
- Heart valve repair or replacement
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty (PTCA)/ or coronary stenting
- Heart or heart-lung transplant
- Heart Failure and those with ventricular assist devices
- Those who need risk factor modification
- Coronary artery disease equivalents such as diabetes or peripheral artery disease
Evidence demonstrates that participation in early outpatient CR results in:
- Reduced all-cause mortality ranging from 12%-24%
- Reduced cardiac mortality from 26%-31%
- Reduced admission rates to hospital
- A strong dose-response relationship between number of CR sessions and long-term outcomes
- Improved adherence with preventative medications
- Improved function and exercise capacity
- Improved mood and quality of life
Improved modifiable risk factors
The Faith Regional Pulmonary Conditioning Program gradually conditions your body to help increase your endurance and strength. This enables you to enjoy daily activities. Our program strives to:
- Improve quality of life.
- Control and alleviate symptoms and pathophysiological complications of respiratory impairment.
- Decrease psychosocial symptoms such as anxiety or depression.
- Increase compliance with the medical regimen.
- Train, motivate and rehabilitate self-care through an organized team effort.
- Train, motivate and involve significant others in the treatment program.
- Return individuals to gainful employment or active retirement.
- Educate the general public and health care professionals about pulmonary health and rehabilitation.
- Increase awareness in the medical community regarding the importance of early detection of pulmonary disease through screenings.
- Increase awareness in the community about the harmful effects of smoking, secondhand smoke and available treatment for effective smoking cessation.
The Pulmonary Conditioning program is run by licensed and registered respiratory therapists and nurses who are skilled in their various professions and in pulmonary conditioning and rehabilitation. In addition to our regular staff, we have consulting staff members such as dietitians, pharmacists and social workers who work with us in presenting educational sessions.
An individualized exercise program will be written for you based on individual tolerance and oxygen levels and use various exercise equipment including:
- Arm ergometers
Education sessions will be held prior to all exercise sessions. These sessions cover topics such as:
- Patient and Family Information
- Anatomy and Disease
- Tests For Diagnosis
- Risk Factors
- Activities and Exercise
- Family Issues/Stress
There are no related providers.
For more information call (402) 644-7560.
Faith Regional has been recognized by Healthgrades as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Stroke Care in 2018.
Faith Regional has been named a 2017 Guardian of Excellence Award winner and a 2017 Pinnacle of Excellence Award winner by Press Ganey.
The Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services recently designated 13 hospitals as Primary Stroke Centers.
There are no associated events.