Faith Regional Health Services today announced that it has been named one of a select group of hospitals identified as providing outstanding performance in the delivery of a positive experience for patients during their hospital stay, as measured by Healthgrades, the leading online resource that helps consumers search, evaluate, compare and connect with physicians and hospitals.
To be eligible for the Healthgrades 2013 Outstanding Patient Experience Award, Faith Regional must have met the clinical quality threshold for this award and have data for a minimum number of HCAHPS surveys:
- Clinical Quality Threshold – Faith Regional ranked among the top 80% of hospitals for clinical quality as ranked by average z-score across the conditions and procedures that Healthgrades evaluates using Medicare data.
- Minimum Number of HCAHPS Surveys – Faith Regional had data for at least 100 Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) surveys to reliably assess performance.
“The employees and physicians at Faith Regional Health Services arrive at work daily to serve our patients and communities at the highest level,” stated Marlin Stahl, MD, Chief Medical Officer at Faith Regional. “It is a gratifying experience to be recognized for the excellent customer service and commitment to quality that are measured within Healthgrades’ performance achievement recognition. I have no doubt that this level of dedication is part of our fundamental devotion to the health care needs of northeast Nebraska. Congratulations to all of our well-deserving staff.”
“As hospitals continue to struggle with the delivery of high-quality, safe care in the face of mounting financial and regulatory pressures, the hospitals who have achieved Healthgrades 2013 Outstanding Patient Experience Award stand above the rest in terms of providing the most positive experience for patients during their hospital stay,” said Evan Marks, EVP Informatics.
and Strategy. “This exceptional performance reflects a commitment to superior quality of clinical care.”
According to Kecia Christensen, director of Quality at Faith Regional, there has been an organization-wide focus on improving patient satisfaction. Some of those improvements include:
- Improving teamwork between departments and staff
- Daily multidisciplinary rounds on the nursing units focusing on patient experience
- Hospital-wide commitment to delivering excellent care and service
- Improved communication with patients and families through the use of white boards in patient rooms
- Follow-up calls to patients within a few days of discharge to answer questions or concerns
- Customer service training for all staff
“Patient satisfaction has always been a top priority at Faith Regional,” commented Christensen. “I am very pleased that the dedication put forth by our employees and physicians to accomplish our internal quality goals has been acknowledged by our patients and by the Healthgrades award for Outstanding Patient Experience.”
For more information about Healthgrades, to download a full copy of the report or to get information about hospital and physician quality, visit: www.Healthgrades.com today.