HIMSS Analytics announced Faith Regional Health Services has achieved Stage 6 on the EMR Adoption ModelSM (EMRAM). Faith Regional Health Services is renowned for leading the way in implementing Electronic Medical Records and achieving stages of Meaningful Use.
HIMSS Analytics developed the EMR Adoption Model in 2005 as a methodology for evaluating the progress and impact of electronic medical record systems for hospitals in the HIMSS Analytics® LOGIC™. Tracking their progress in completing eight stages (0-7), hospitals can review the implementation and utilization of information technology applications with the intent of reaching Stage 7, which represents an advanced electronic patient record environment.
Stage 6 hospitals
- Have made significant executive commitments and investments to reach this stage.
- Appear to have a significant advantage over competitors for patient safety, clinician support, clinician recruitment, and competitive marketing for both consumers and nurse recruitment.
- Have almost fully automated/paperless medical records when they have implemented their IT applications across most of the inpatient care settings.
- Are evaluating their data for care delivery process improvements and have already documented significant improvements in this area.
- Have made investments that are within reach of most hospitals and recognize the strategic value of improving patient care with the EMR.
- Have begun to create strategic alignments with their medical staff to effectively utilize information technology to improve the patient safety environment. Faith Regional begin working with its physicians from the launch of electronic medical records in 2010.
- Are well positioned to provide data to key stakeholders, such as payers, the government, physicians, consumers, and employers, to support electronic health record environments and health information exchanges.
“Faith Regional continues to strive to optimize our systems to provide the highest quality of care for our patients,” said Brian Sterud, Chief Information Officer at Faith Regional. “We are committed to putting the patient at the center of our care models to increase quality and engagement. Specifically, we’re very excited about the data we are providing to patients through Faith Regional’s patient portal, Health Connect. Patients can sign up by visiting Faith Regional’s web site, frhs.org.”
Stage 6 hospitals also have achieved a significant advancement in their IT capabilities that positions them to successfully address many of the current industry transformations, such as meaningful use criteria in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, claims attachments for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, pay for performance, and government quality reporting programs.
“HIMSS Analytics congratulates Faith Regional Health Services for making significant progress towards achieving advanced health IT adoption,” said John H. Daniels, CNM, FACHE, FHIMSS, CPHIMS, Global Vice President, HIMSS Analytics. “Stage 6 represents a level of sophistication that can lead to innovative healthcare transformation.”
“We believe we are making the advancements necessary to adapt to healthcare now and in the future,” added Sterud. “We’re committed to the communities of northeast Nebraska and improving the health of those we serve. Our technology advancements open the doors to achieving this mission every day.”