Through the generous gift of time, talents and personal interests, our volunteers provide crucial support and aid to the continuing mission of Faith Regional Health Services. Every day, a dedicated team of men, women and teen volunteers perform rewarding, enjoyable and valuable services for our patients, their families and the staff at Faith Regional. Your support has allowed Volunteer Services to make a 5-year pledge of $250,000 to the Medical Office South Building.
Volunteers act as liaisons between the hospital and the larger community and are ambassadors of goodwill. There are no special requirements to be a volunteer, except that you must be 14 years of age or older.
Volunteer opportunities are available to assist in a variety of ways, including direct patient contact areas involving family, visitor or staff or attending the gift shop. A good volunteer simply has an interest in helping, a positive attitude, exercises discretion and is dependable.
Rewarding Opportunities. Meaningful Experiences.
If you are ready to start helping make a difference in people's lives, read the Volunteer Services Manual and make an appointment for a short interview with a member of our Volunteer Services staff by calling (402) 644-7529. Please bring with you the following documents:
- Volunteer Manual
- Confidentiality Agreement and Continuing Education Quiz
- Application Form*
- Vaccination Form
- If you are under the age of 19 years: Vaccination Parental Consent Form
- Background Check
- Release of Photograph, Intertivew and/or Video*
- An Adult and Child Abuse/Neglect check through the State of Nebraska, Department of Health and Human Services will be conducted when we meet for your interview. You will be asked to log-on to the registry portal (using a computer at the hospital) and enter the information listed below. A document will be created that will need to be notorized (notary public will be available on-site) and submitted for verification. Results will be sent to both parties. Please have the following eight (8) pieces of information available:
- First, Middle, Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Social Security Number
- Current Address, City, State, Zip
- Current Phone Number
- Other names, such as a maiden name, former married name or nickname
- Names and birthdates of your children and others who have lived with you, including siblings
- All previous addresses at which you have resided, and City, State, Zip
*parental consent required if under age of 19 years. Parent or legal guardian are required to appear, in person, with a state-issued identification card in order to complete the background checks on under age volunteer applicants.
Our Volunteer Services office is located on West Campus, Forms and materials can be mailed to: Suzann Bugenhagen, Faith Regional Volunteer Services, 2700 W. Norfolk Ave., Norfolk, NE 68701. For more information or questions, contact Suzann Bugenhagen, Director of Volunteer Services at (402) 644-7529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faith Regional Health Services provides a variety of volunteer opportunities every day.
Faith Regional Volunteer Services offers several scholarships for individuals interested in a health care career.
Hear from our volunteers on why they love volunteering at Faith Regional Health Services.