Do you have time to give?
Volunteers play an important role in supporting the services that put the word "care" in health care. Our mission as volunteers is to promote Faith Regional Health Services and to provide volunteer support in an efficient, humanistic and effective manner to offer an extra dimension of care. Men and women of all ages assist the staff in ensuring the comfort and well being of our patients and their families. Volunteers act as liaisons between the hospital and the larger community and are ambassadors of goodwill. There are no special requirements to be a volunteer, except that you must be 14 years of age or older.
Volunteer opportunities are available to assist in a variety of ways, including direct patient contact areas involving family, visitor or staff or attending the gift shop. A good volunteer simply has an interest in helping, a positive attitude, exercises discretion and is dependable.
If you are ready to start helping make a difference in people's lives, read the Volunteer Services Manual and make an appointment for a short interview with a member of our Volunteer Services staff by calling (402) 644-7529. Please bring with you the following documents:
- Continuing Education Quiz (found on the back of the Volunteer Manual)
- Confidentiality Agreement (found on the back of the Volunteer Manual)
- Application Form*
- Vaccination Form
- If you are under the age of 19 years: Vaccination Parental Consent Form
- ATTENTION: This form may be completed ahead of time, but please DO NOT SIGN THIS DOCUMENT (new volunteer and/or legal guardian) until you are in the presence of a FRHS Volunteer Services representative: Adult & Child Abuse & Neglect Register/Registry Form*
- Background Check
- Release of Photograph, Intertivew and/or Video*
*parental consent required if under age of 19 years
Our Volunteer Services office is located on West Campus, Forms and materials can be mailed to: Suzann Bugenhagen, Faith Regional Volunteer Services, 2700 W. Norfolk Ave., Norfolk, NE 68701. For more information or questions, contact Suzann Bugenhagen, Director of Volunteer Services at (402) 644-7529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.