What is Health Connect?
Health Connect is a federal EHR “Meaningful Use” requirement that uses a Healthcare Information Exchange (HIE). The HIE includes both a patient portal and a clinician portal. On Tuesday, July 1, 2014 Faith Regional launched Health Connect which includes a secure patient portal that allows patients 24/7 access to information about their visits to Faith Regional or a Faith Regional physician. Patients are enrolled automatically for a Health Connect account upon admission. Then, their health information populates in the Faith Regional Health Connect system and is accessible by providers. If a patient decides they would no longer like to be enrolled in Faith Regional Health Connect, an opt-out form can be requested. The Health Connect patient portal is a tool for patients to take an active and involved role in managing their health as Faith Regional continutes to achieve ongoing “Meaningful Use” requirements and improve quality and safety.
What information is available in Health Connect?
Health information that patients are able to see in the portal include:
- Inpatient visit and discharge summary documents
- Laboratory tests
- Radiology reports (not including images)
- Outpatient visit summary documents
The clinician portal is a secure portal that allows physicians 24/7 access to patient information including a patient's:
- Transfer of Care (ToC) document (summary of their inpatient stay is available within 36 hours of their discharge/visit)
- Lab/Micro results in both their preliminary and final stages
- Blood Bank and Radiology results (patients are able to view all lab and radiology results in their portal 24 hours after the result is finalized)
- Transcription information (anticipated to be available in 2015)
What do I need to know about my clinical portal?
If a physician has a Direct Address (XDR), Faith Regional will send a copy of the ToC document directly to the physician’s inbox.
If a physician has General Repository Access (Non-XDR), the physician can search for their patients using a search function to access their ToC documents.
- Clinic office managers will be notified of any patients who have been discharged from Faith Regional for any practitioner in the practices they supervise. This allows them to contact patients within 48-hours as is needed to comply with Meaningful Use requirements.
- Office manager(s) (once set-up has been completed) can view the inbox for all physicians in the practice to identify what ToC’s have been e-mailed. The manager can also print the ToC (if desired). Office managers also receive notification of your patients that are discharged from Faith Regional to help you better coordinate transitions of care.
- Lab and Radiology are being sent to your inbox so please be on the lookout for notices regarding these results. Lab and Radiology results are available to patients in their portal. Patients will not see “sensitive” results such as HIV testing, however, final results will be available to patients 24 hours after the final result. Contact us for a complete list of “sensitive” test results.
How do I logon to my account?
In order to logon, you will first need to complete the sign-up process. This includes completing one of the two forms below. The forms correspond to the two types of access mentioned above.
- Direct Address (XDR) Portal Sign-up: This account includes a secure mailbox in which e-mails containing ToC and other documents are sent directly to your inbox
- General Repository Access (Non-XDR) Portal Sign-up: This account does not include a secure mail box which means ToC documents will not be sent directly to your inbox
Once you have completed the sign-up process, you will be able to logon to your account.
How do I logon to my account for the first time?
How do I use secure messaging through my account?
How do I access online tutorials to learn more about using Health Connect?
Logon into your clinical portal, click on the "Video Tutorials" link in the upper right corner and find online tutorials about a variety of topics such as:
- Account Activation
- Results Inbox
- Patient Archives
- Global Searching
- Secure Messaging Inbox
- Patient Provisioning
- Patient User Support
Who can I contact if I have further questions?
You may send us an email at email@example.com if you have additional questions or need assistance. Hours of support are 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday (excluding weekends and holidays). For technical questions or clinical portal access, set-up and training contact Faith Regional’s IT Help Desk at (402) 370-3850.