To schedule an outpatient procedure/service appointment for a patient, contact Central Scheduling at
ph: (402) 644-7121
fax: (800) 371-4926
Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
*Outpatient orders must be faxed before calling to schedule same day or next day appointments. For appointments scheduled further out, orders will need to be faxed as soon as possible; no later then the end of the business day.
After Hours Scheduling
Urgent or Emergent Orders
Contact the main hospital switchboard at (402) 371-4880 or the department performing the procedure/service directly to schedule a time for the patient and fax the order to the department.
Routine or Non-urgent Orders
The ordering provider is required to choose one of the below listed actions, considering which is better for their patient’s needs.
- Fax order to (888) 779-4704 and leave a message on Central Scheduling’s voicemail with instructions on contacting patient, leaving detailed demographic information.
- Fax order to (888) 779-4704 and instruct patient to contact Central Scheduling at (402) 644-7121 during normal business hours.
Appointments can be scheduled for the following outpatient services:
- Cath Lab and Angio Services
- Diabetic Education
- Nutrition Services
- Radiology - except plain film xrays
Outpatient services in Cardiac Rehabilitation, Clinical Decision Unit, Surgery and Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy are scheduled through their respective departments.
All orders must include all of the following:
- Patient Name (date of birth preferred)
- Health Care Provider Signature or Nurse Signature for TORB or VORB
- Appropriate Diagnosis (ICD9 codes are encouraged if known)
- Complete list of tests and procedures to be performed – including special instructions or contrast specifications (CPT codes are encouraged if known)
- Patient’s current insurance coverage and preauthorization number if applicable
- Current Medication list for patients having CTs or MRIs, Pulmonary Function Tests, and/or Echovascular tests